What is The Westin doing to ensure the safety of all staff and guests?
The following information comes directly from The Westin. With training now being held at The Westin Austin at the Domain, we want to keep training attendees informed and let them know how they're being protected when they attend our courses. The hotel has implemented a "StayConfident" cleaning program to maintain the highest levels of cleanliness and safety. Read below to learn about their commitment to preventing the spread of COVID-19.
White Lodging StayConfident Cleaning Program
Our StayConfident cleaning program is our commitment to you. Leveraging White Lodging’s 35 years of hospitality experience and the strength of our brands, we’ve implemented a new, enhanced cleaning program to protect what has always been true to our hearts - the health, safety and well-being of our guests and associates.
What is the StayConfident cleaning program?
White Lodging’s StayConfident commitment goes above and beyond the minimum standards from our hotel brands, government agencies and health departments, and starts well before you enter the room. Our goal is to deliver an even cleaner and more confident stay for you.
When you stay at a White Lodging property, you’ll know your guest room has been cleaned with our new StayConfident standard of cleanliness and disinfection. This program upholds our rigorous 5-point protocol which takes extra safety and cleaning measures to disinfect all high-touch point surfaces using hospital-grade disinfectants.
1. Deep Cleaned & Inspected
- Switches & Climate Controls
- Handles & Knobs
- Telephones & Remote Controls
- Hard Surfaces (desks, nightstands, lamps)
- Bathroom (sink, handles, shower/tub)
3. Removal of Non-Essential Paper Goods (menus, notepads, coasters)
4. Laundry Protocol (enhanced process in compliance with CDC guidelines)
5. Limited Housekeeping Entry (short-term stayover service eliminated, except upon request)
Rooms are given a second round of disinfection on all high-touch surfaces – then inspected, approved before the next guest’s stay.
The goal of StayConfident program also guides additional measures throughout the property – focused on three areas – and is supported by ongoing associate training and certification.
1. Contactless operations wherever possible
2. Advanced cleaning and disinfection procedures
3. Individualized – and social distanced – services
Refining the Guest Experience
• We modified our steps of service to limit physical contact (ex: mobile check-in, where available), as well as institute crowd control procedures and distancing markers in all public spaces and elevators.
• We increased the frequency – currently every two hours – of cleaning our public areas including, but not limited to lobbies, elevators, door handles, luggage carts, public bathrooms and meeting spaces, using hospital-grade disinfectant.
• We have increased the availability of hand sanitizer and have reminders of health, hygiene and proper social distancing throughout the property.
• Restaurants, when they open, will have reduced seating capacity and procedures in accordance with current restaurant and food safety recommendations to limit contact and accommodate proper social distancing.
• Adjusted in-room dining with contactless service with all packaging and products to be single-use and disposable.
Supporting Meetings & Events
• We follow all local/national guidelines on gathering ordinances and coordinate with event planners to plan breaks and general session timing to prevent crowding of coffee breaks, restrooms and elevators.
• We adjusted seating capacities, floor plans and room configurations to comply with appropriate physical distancing guidelines.
• We are not offering buffets at this time. All catering and breaks to be individually plated and served; no “communal” snack or beverage stations.
• Items such as pens, banquet notepads and other previously physical items are removed.
• Indoor/outdoor spaces will be used as much as possible.
• Hand sanitizer will be available and present throughout the meeting experience.
• Associates at all levels will be required to complete certified disinfection and StayConfident program training.
• Associates are regularly briefed on how to identify and escalate potential health and safety issues related to COVID-19.
• Associates are equipped with face masks and required to wear that mask while on property, in accordance with local mandates.
• We increased the cleaning frequency for back-of-house areas using hospital-grade disinfectant.
• We modified schedules and back-of-house areas and pathways to increase social distancing.
• Reminders reaffirming proper hygiene throughout associate areas and offices, including reminders to eliminate handshakes, hugs, high-fives and other physical touch.